5.02.2016

Vermont and Covered Bridges


It's becoming a thing. Nine times out of ten, at 9:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning, there is a black truck parked outside my apartment with a grinning fiancĂ© and a hot thermos of coffee waiting inside. And ninety percent of the time, I have no idea what is coming after I jump into the cab: and I have to admit, that's always the hardest part. I've always had a difficult time giving up control of what's coming next and trusting in what I can't foresee or plan. Our Saturday adventures are becoming lessons in learning to trust that Michael will take care of us, even if I can't see past 'the bend in the road' (literally and figuratively!).

A Saturday in mid March was no exception ... I knew we had plans for a date but didn't know what it involved other than to wear shoes comfortable to walk in. He was waiting for me by 9:00 so of course I walked to the truck by quarter after. After about a half hour I asked him what the 'VT Gifts' stood for on all the billboards that we were passing. He gave me a funny look and waited until the lightbulb turned on in my head when I realized we were crossing into Vermont. I blame my Midwest roots for not recognizing East Coast state abbreviations! We spent the day exploring the tiny town of Manchester, and as the sun set later that afternoon, he made the trip complete by finding us just one of Vermont's many covered bridges. All said and done, I didn't have to worry at all about about what was coming next, but could simply relish in the thoughtfulness and care that was right in front of me.




No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top